Thursday, June 16, 2011

Human Company, by Robert Petty


Human Company, a science fiction novel, pits humans against their bioengineered replacements.

Bios, women bioengineered from human stock, have settled the marginally inhabitable planet Snowshoe. However, the collapse of a space elevator has plunged their Femdom into a dark age.

Gypsy realizes that a long abandoned second elevator, which is near collapse, threatens to destroy the re-emergent civilization. When the bios women oppose his attempt to save the elevator, he recruits a company of outcast human girls into the quest.

CHAPTER 1 -- MECHANICALS

The trouble with women is that all you get is sympathy. They will
probably still be patting me on the head when the Elevator destroys the world.

As I searched for Redblood, I took a deep breath to ease the
tightness gripping my chest. This would be her last chance. She
either helped me or else.

Was she gone? A dark shape moved on the left -- only a horse in the stables. Across the square, the open gate framed a deserted
drawbridge. Why did it have to get dark so soon? At last I saw
someone to the right, standing on the castle wall. Shadows from the tower hid her features, but she stood straighter than the farm girls. It was Redblood.



___________________
Science Fiction Showcase is not a review site. I share the book cover and the book description. My ultimate goal, when authors find out about this blog, is for them to share sample excerpts from their book - anything up to a chapter.So, authors, if you want your ebook to be showcased here, email me at Nocturne_CVS@Yahoo.comI would like to help promote Indie Authors, so contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment